Updates on 2021 Services
- Registration information for SOAR 2021 will be made available as soon as decisions are made regarding residential programming in summer of 2021.
- Check out our free monthly social events calendar, this is an opportunity to connect and have some fun https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:dae3b56d-9bdf-4495-8a8b-4e078ae9fc8d
- New in 2021 Autism After 21 will be offering: Spring dates for classes will be released soon!
- Self -Advocacy training 1 – 20 hour courseSelf-Advocacy course 2 – 25 hour course
Pre-Employment Skills classes – 20 hours
OJT opportunities – we are working to establish employers for this valuable training opportunity
- Contact me with any questions or interest in classes
Enjoy this SOAR video, see what we are all about – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEwQwKr3CM&t=3s
Contact: Michelle Rubin with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Opportunity for Adult Readiness, this residential program offers career exploration and a chance to experience post-secondary opportunities. The program curriculum focuses on: career exploration and employment, executive function/independent living, social skills, self-determination, financial management and good health practices.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Have a documented disability on the autism or Asperger’s spectrum and/or related developmental disability
Be at least 16 – 25 years of age, we will try and segregate groups by age
Work with vocational rehabilitation to authorize Virtual SOAR as a service
Be interested in learning and preparing for the future
Have the capability to participate in online sessions for two 90 minute classes daily, total of 3 hours twice a week this includes a 30 minute fun activity during the session
Navigate assignments outside of the online sessions
Participation in all activities and classes is expected
Complete and return student questionnaire – arrives in an email after registration
SOAR began in the summer of 2015 and we have continued to grow each summer. We host students on the Boca Raton Florida Atlantic University (FAU) campus for 12 days of residential experience for adult SOAR and 5 days for High School students. SOAR is the only camp experience of its kind in Palm Beach County. Giving young adults on the autism spectrum ages 18-25 the opportunity to gain independence, learn job readiness and hone important social skills needed to be successful in the work place. At our High School SOAR, 16-17 year olds attend a 5 day residential program to begin looking ahead to independence and post-secondary opportunities along with career exploration.
- Autism After 21
- Florida Department Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Care Points Florida, LLC